Selasa, 01 Desember 2015

Dear Basketball





Dear Basketball,

From the momentI started rolling my dad’s tube socksAnd shooting imaginaryGame-winning shotsIn the Great Western ForumI knew one thing was real:
I fell in love with you.
A love so deep I gave you my all —
From my mind & bodyTo my spirit & soul.
As a six-year-old boyDeeply in love with youI never saw the end of the tunnel.I only saw myselfRunning out of one.
And so I ran.
I ran up and down every courtAfter every loose ball for you.You asked for my hustleI gave you my heartBecause it came with so much more.
I played through the sweat and hurt
Not because challenge called meBut because YOU called me.I did everything for YOUBecause that’s what you doWhen someone makes you feel asAlive as you’ve made me feel.
You gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream
And I’ll always love you for it.But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.This season is all I have left to give.My heart can take the poundingMy mind can handle the grindBut my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.
And that’s OK.
I’m ready to let you go.I want you to know nowSo we both can savor every moment we have left together.The good and the bad.We have given each otherAll that we have. 
And we both know, no matter what I do next
I’ll always be that kidWith the rolled up socksGarbage can in the corner:05 seconds on the clockBall in my hands.5 … 4 … 3 … 2 … 1
Love you always,
Kobe


Categories:

0 komentar :